Skip to main content

When a Hero is not a Hero


 I picked up these construction toys at our local Chinatown and they are recast/clones of Lego's Hero Factory figures.

Hero Factory is a line of toys by the LEGO Group marketed primarily at 6 to 12-year-olds. The line is the succesor to the discontinued Bionicle theme in early 2010. Set far away in an entirely different galaxy, the toy line's backstory centers on iMakuhero City, home to the Hero Factory, where new robotic heroes, powered by a strange semi-sentient material called Quaza, are built every day. The factory was created by the wise architect of Makuhero City, the philanthropic Mr. Makuro, with the intention of upholding peace and prosperity throughout the universe, fighting the worst villains and monsters from all over the galaxy.



The bootleg versions are labeled Decool. I've only assembled one set and the plastic quality is poor compared to the Lego original and some paint apps on the weapons are terrible. Some of the parts will also need sanding to get rid of burrs and little pegs left from the sprue tree. Some of the parts are also of a different color from the originals. Worth a mention is the tagline printed on the box ""Help your kid's NAIVE dream come true!" LOL!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4D Puzzle Tanks

4D Puzzle 1:111 M1 Abrams 4D Puzzle 1:84 PzKpfw lV 4D Puzzle 1:90 Tiger l More of puzzle toys, these kits build up into neat little tanks in weird scales. Weird construction build though, not the standard scale model part style.

Migrating to Facebook

After a tragedy in the family and a slow return to my hobbies, I've realized that I've been posting more on Facebook. It's easier, faster and the audience response is faster. So, posting here might be spasmodic at best for the time being. Bear with me as I decide what to do with my blogs, thanks!

Custom ARAH Duke

Here's another repainted Duke with some new ammo packs made in putty. This is a custom painted 1993 Battle Corps Battle Commander Duke. One of my early experiments with epoxy putty. I have another version of this figure on the workbench so expect to see it soon here too.